Sowers Action Challenging 12 Hours 2022
- Latest information: please visit the event webpage (https://c12hrs.sowers.hk/)
- Event cancellation: This event will not be postponed and may be cancelled, due to adverse weather conditions or other safety concerns.
- Train regularly; familiarize with the competition route; warm-up exercises.
- Participants who aged between 4 to 12 must be accompanied by at least 1 adult who aged 18 or above.
- Pay attention to your own safety as well as the risks and consequences of strenuous physical exercise; purchase suitable insurance cover.
- Advise your relatives about this hiking event.
- Participants should immediately send a message to the organizers via Whatsapp 9106 4082 when the start; advise start time, participants’ numbers, as well as names and telephone numbers of the participants. At the end of the hike, participants should also immediately send a message to the organizers via Whatsapp 9106 4082 to advise completion.
- Clothing and footwear: comfortable and suitable for hiking.
- Essential items: bib number; mobile phone; water; mobile phone or app installed with GPX from event website; map; snacks; simple first aid items; personal medication; sun block; sun hat; torch or headlamp; hiking stick and a small amount of cash.
- Suggested items: Protective tools to prevent muscle, ligament and joint injury.
- Warm-up and warm-down exercises before and after the hike, and during rest breaks.
- Must partake with 2-4 other participants, in order to take care of each other.
- Keep hydrated (suggest carrying no less than 3 litres of water for 42km; no less than 2 litres for 26km and no less than 1 litre for 12km); replenish sugar and salt.
- Take suitable rest breaks; if you feel unwell, do not force yourself to continue.
- Do not take shortcuts.
- Do not waste water or food
- Adhere strictly to the country park rules and regulations and take care of the countryside; take your rubbish with you.
- Protect yourself against macaques.
- On narrower stretches of the route, please give way to faster participants.
- Do not scramble, or push other participants.
- Maintain a clean and quiet environment to avoid disturbing passers-by and local residents.
A. At 06:00 a.m. on the day of the event：
- Typhoon Signal No. 1 or Amber rainstorm warning: The event will proceed as planned.
- Typhoon Signal No.3 or higher / Red/Black rainstorm warning / Thunderstorm warning: The event will be cancelled and an announcement will be made on the event Facebook page.
B. During the event：
- Light rain / Typhoon Signal No. 1 or Amber rainstorm warning: The event will continue as planned.
- Typhoon Signal No.3 / Red rainstorm warning / Thunderstorm warning: The event will be cancelled and an announcement will be made on the event Facebook page. Participants will be notified by telephone.
- Typhoon Signal No.8 / Black rainstorm warning: The event will be terminated immediately and an announcement will be made on the event Facebook page. Participants will be notified by telephone.